With our traditional funeral you can choose to add and remove elements from this option, and the price will be adjusted accordingly. This means you can tailor the funeral to your requirements and we can help give you different ideas of how to personalise the funeral.
Please see below for examples of an average cost of a funeral with a breakdown for a cremation and burial. You can also see a copy of our price list here.
As part of the traditional funeral we’ll:
- Bring your loved one from their place of death into our care, if death occurs out of normal working hours, at home or in a care home, we’ll bring your loved one into our care at no extra cost.
- We’ll prepare, care for and dress your loved one, including embalming, if chosen.
- Your loved one will rest in our chapel of rest, or if required, a private rest room in our funeral home
- You’ll be able to visit your loved one by appointment at a time that’s convenient to you.
- We’ll complete all the necessary paperwork and make all the arrangements for the funeral service, including liaising with third parties such as the crematorium, minister or celebrant.
- We’ll transport your loved one from the funeral home with your choice of route, and the ability to travel “in cortege” from home to the crematorium or cemetery
- Your Funeral Director and all the necessary personnel will be there at the funeral to support and guide you through the day.
With the traditional option you can build the funeral you want, this can include:
- A choice of funeral vehicles
- Any number of limousines
- A large range of coffins to choose from
- Obituary notices in local and national newspapers
- A printed order of service or other stationery
- Arranging flowers on the day of the service
- Booking a venue and arranging catering for a funeral tea
Our experienced funeral arrangers are there to guide you through the arrangements, and help you in any way they can.
Every funeral is unique, for your guidance you’ll find below examples of an average cost with breakdown for a cremation and burial.